From Boys to Men and Vice Versa


Me and my son Gavin

As a mother of a toddler boy going through the terrible 2 stage, I often get frustrated with his behavior, and don’t always know the right thing to do. What I am sure of at this stage is I want him to have a bright future, with many possibilities to become whatever he choose. What I don’t envision is any outlandish problems with his behavior in school, with the law or with us at home. I know what you’re thinking, boys will be boys, but that’s not an excuse I’m accepting. So although I don’t have it quite figured out right now while my son is 2 me and his dad are working on it together and are going to have it figured before it counts.


When I came across the clips for this Documentary “MenIIBoys,” I immediately took notice because I am raising a boy, and after watching the clips I can identify with some of the attitudes reflected in the film. Rather from family members, a friend, or news stories we all know young men like the ones interviewed. Personally what I think we need to do as a community is uplift them, and let them know they have more options other than entertainment and sports. If you don’t have a positive male figure in their life, link them up with a mentor through a local organization in your community. Or encourage dialog between him and his friends at various stages in their life. Kids will open up if you respectfully give them an opportunity to share there thoughts as they did in this film.

In the award winning documentary “MenIIBoys," producers Janks Morton and LaMarr Darnell Shields opens a new door for honest dialogue amongst Black Men and Women that communicate critical information on film about the attitudes and mindset of young men. Visit http://mentoboys.com/ for more information. You can watch the clips below.

Resourceful organizations for young men

http://www.100blackmen.org/
http://www.raisinghimalone.com/
http://www.coseboc.org/


MenIIBoys Trailer



MenIIBoys part 2

1 comments:

RtSECasting said...

PHENOMENAL.....

Post a Comment