Congrats to Monique on Winning a Golden Globe

Her Acceptance Speech:
"First let me say, thank you, God, for this amazing ride that you’re allowing me to go on.
Everybody kept asking me do I know my speech, and I said, ‘No, I don’t know what I’m going to say because I don’t want people to think I just know I done won something,’ so no, I don’t know! But I am shaking when I tell you all I am in the midst of my dream and when I look into the eyes of the man I stood next to at 14 years old and I said to him, ‘One day we’re going to be stars, and he said, ‘You first. And we walked this red carpet together tonight. Sidney, I will love you more than you will ever know, baby.

Lee Daniels, the world gets a chance to see how brilliant you are. You are a brilliant, fearless, amazing director who would not waver, and thank you for trusting me to be Mary Jones in this movie. To Gabby, sister, I am in awe of you. Thank you for letting me play with you.

To the cast and the crew of this movie, thank you all so much. I celebrate this award with all the Preciouses, with all the Marys — I celebrate this award with every person that’s ever been touched. It’s now time to tell. And it’s okay."

This is a huge accomplishment for her, it seems like things are lining up in her life. Her talk show is doing very well, her and hubby seem to be doing well. Go Mo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment