Are So In Style Barbie's on your Christmas List?


So In Style Barbie Collection

Meet Grace, Trichelle, Kara and there little sisters Janessa, Courtney, and Kiana the newest members of the premanent all black So In Style Barbie Collection (S.I.S). Oh how I wish these dolls were around when I was growing up. I remeber having a really dark Barbie and a light brown one growing up; the rest were all white dolls. Not to mention the black dolls would always sell out the fastest, so my mom would have to get them way before the holidays set in.


These new So In Style Barbie’s come in 3 skin tones: dark chocolate, milk chocolate and caramel. Oh I love how they compare us to sweets. The story lines of the dolls reflect the personality, style, hair texture, make up, body and facial features more rellevant to the african american community. In my opinion some of the modifications are questionable but Mattel has come along way and I am happy about that.

The thing I like the most about this collection is the dolls were made to inspire mentoring in our communities, by pairing the big dolls each with a little sister. The story lines further explain the encouraging relationships the dolls have with each other. No word yet of a Black Male doll so how long these dolls will be single. It sure took Barbie long enough to come out with this line, I guess with all of the other doll competition these days they decided to step there hame up. Never less, It’s never to late to uplift our young girls and that's what these dolls were created to do. Please keep these dolls in mind  for upcoming birthdays and Holidays they will make great gifts. You can click here to find out more about the collection

0 comments:

Post a Comment