My Nappy Hair Trailer vs. Good Hair Trailer

Here is the Trailer from the "My Nappy Roots" the documentary by film maker Regina Kimbell, who is filling suit against Chris Rock alleging that his "Good Hair" movie infringes on the copyright for her award-winning documentary. Kimball says that she showed “My Nappy Roots: A Journey Through Black Hair-itage,” to Rock two years ago. The lawsuit claims that there are major similarities between the two films, including the inspiration (their daughters) and the interviews with medical pros, celebs and comedians. Both filmmakers also visit hair relaxer manufacturing plants and touch on India’s involvement in providing hair for weaves. I will admit the trailers for both films are very similar, it's just Chris is better financed and has a more comedic feel. Check out “My Nappy Roots” below then check out the “Good Hair” one after.


“My Nappy Roots: A Journey Through Black Hair-itage"


Chris Rocks Good Hair Trailer

1 comments:

Talking with Tami said...

Thats a damn shame if he did steal this no good will come to him I hate to hear about things like this smh

Post a Comment