Destroying the Legacy of the King Family



Dr. King had a dream that his four children would one day be judged by the content of there character. His dream is being fulfilled, but not the way he would have wanted it to be. According to CNN Rev. Bernice King and Martin Luther King III allege Dexter King took “substantial funds” out of Coretta Scott King’s estate and “wrongfully appropriated” money from their father’s estate. Dexter King is denying these accusations and they are battling it out in the Fulton County court system. This week the judge rightfully ordered the siblings to resolve this matter in a meting outside of the courts. I do not know what will come of this matter, but I sincerely hope they will not continue to destroy their family legacy.



Dr. King & Coretta S. King with children in better days

I selected a few words from Dr Kings "I Have a Dream" speech that his children need to listen to; I pray that they can resolve this issue outside of the public eye as the judge ordered. If not for there selves, for the hard work and justice there parents fought and eventually died for.

Selections from I Have a Dream speech:

"But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force......

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

0 comments:

Post a Comment