"Push"ing the Envelope with Something So Precious


Still Shots from the Movie "Precious"

Director Lee Daniels has made one of the most emotional films of the year, and In my opinion since Crash. As I watched the trailer in the theatres I could not help but to feel uncomfortable about what I was seeing on the screen. At the same time, I felt intrigued and delighted at the depth that was finally portrayed in a film about the “inner city” or the “ghetto,” that was not a shootem up or drug dealers' story.

The cast in the movie is fresh; it stars Paula Patton, Lenny Kravitz, Sherri Shepherd, Mariah Carrey, Monique, Amina Robinson and Nella Gordon to name a few. In the trailer they did an amazing job portraying the raw emotion that we will see in this film.

I know this will not be an easy film to watch because of the sensitivity of the issues covered, but I am so ready to see the movie because I know it is not a story of defeat; it’s a story of hope. Precious will be in theatres Nov 6, 2009. Watch the Trailer Below

0 comments:

Post a Comment