Who's Got Soul? Melanie Fiona for Sure



I read an article this summer that said Neo Soul was dead and RnB well and alive, well one thing for sure, “Good Soul Music” will never go out of style. It’s something about this style of music that just reaches down in you and makes you want to tap your foot or bop your head. When I think of soul I use to think of 2 things; food, that painting that comes up at the end of Good Times episodes, and now Melanie Fiona.

If you have not heard of her, you’re not alone. I just found out about her yesterday. After scouring the net for music clips, I was delighted and was basically running a juke joint out of my office. The last singer I remember blowing it out of the water like this from Canada was Deborah Cox, but there is a new star in town.


photo source Afroliciouspunk.wordpress.com

It saddens me that talent like this doesn’t get the accolades it deserves on mainstream radio and video shows, but hey, that’s why there’s people like me to introduce you to them. Melanie Fiona's debut crossover album, The Bridge” is suppose to come out this fall but after checking her website I didn’t see a definite date. Check her out, let me know what you think?


Give It To Me Right- Melanie Fiona


Melanie Fiona singing Monday Morning

For more on Melanie Fiona visit http://www.melaniefiona.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment