Finally- My First Long Sentence


It took almost 28 years but I'm just accepting that I'm not your average lady. I mean I always knew it but I was fighting it for so long. I was never the popular girl, always her friend; I was never the best dressed, even though they liked what I wore; I wasn't the best looking, but I'm cute and they look; I wasn't the girly girl, yet I love pink and red; Sometimes I wear my hair natural, some time I use chemicals; I've worn weaves and wigs but this year I'm embracing my tresses; I don’t have an MBA but I'm going back to finish up my degree; I had a baby out of wedlock, yes were getting married soon; I went to catholic school even though I've always been a Christian; I've been the source of inspiration for many things, don’t know if they will ever tell;

(Giving you  a break--okay)

I love to write, yet I suck at editing; I like to design, though I would never do it full time; I like to shop, but never have enough money; I like to travel, working on doing that more; I like spending time with my family, the good ones and the not so good; I have a lot of fabulous friends and I'm working on being fabulous back; I've had many great opportunities, regretfully I let some pass me by; I've made many mistakes, still learning from some; My favorite magazines are business & fashion because ultimately that's what's most important to me; I love music and movies, they create the soundtrack of our lives; I appreciate the contributions of those before me, and today I decided to do something about it; I'm Not Your Average Lady as you grow with me you will see I never focus on just one thing; Thank you for reading my thoughts, I hope you enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Shanae Barnes said...

This is my favorite post because you are honest and candid about your journey. It is very inspirational to say the least. Keep up the good work. You have my support.

Tiffany said...

Girl! I am proud of you. I see your vision and I know you will take off in every project that you do. You have my support always. I can not wait to see future postings from you.

Post a Comment