Real Housewives IN Atlanta part 3


Dee Dee Cocheta, Husband & some of their Children

To some she's Dee Dee Cocheta, and to others she's the Hip Hop Mama; either way she is a great woman of integrity that has a really big heart, a natural love for hip hop and even greater love for friends and her family. You almost have to wonder how a woman who has been married for 20 years, a mother of 7, and owner of ABC publicity Firm still has so much love to give and show others; somehow she does it.

Dee Dee is one of the first women who embraced me after starting my magazine during my early years in Atlanta, she was so genuine and helpful to me and she introduced me to everyone I needed to know. She shared a wealth of information with me and I as our friendship continued, I realized that this is not something she only did for me, she helped countless others. Truth be told, she was also influential for the careers of many of Atlanta's publicist and entertainers. At one point or another she's mentored them, worked with them or influenced there want for being a publicist or entertainer.

Last December Me and my family went to a Kwanza celebration at her home, and we all joked how she should have her own reality show. Until she gets one, I want to share with you her thoughts on being a REAL housewife IN Atlanta.

NUAL: We know you have 7 children what are there names? Alkebulan - 19, Kadir - 18, Bomani - 13, Kmt - 11 (Only daughter), Katamba Lumumba - 10, Adafa - 9 Jonas - 5

NUAL: How do you balance work/parent/spouse relationships and time? I just go with FLOW, like my hometown NIKE's slogan I just do it...Every day is different, to whom is given...much is required.

NUAL: What can you do to be a better housewife? Great question, I can't honestly say I had put any thought into this nor ever given anyone advice on this...I would say BALANCE is the key...also knowing how to say "NO" and lastly being able to find YOU time in the midst of it all. This should make for a well rounded housewife to be able to take on the challenges of family, work and personal time.

NUAL: What words of advice can you share with other married or engaged couples? COMMUNICATION - never assume, always ask and be honest no matter what you think the other person will feel. If you are able to do this, LOVE finds the place there.

Who is your favorite Housewife from the Bravo Housewives Series & Why? Lisa Wu Hartwell, I love her personality, she's courageous, a great mother and wife (I LOVE Love & seeing her and ED together is so romantic). Lisa is also a strong entrepreneur in meeting demands & her goals which to me she seems to have balance in all that she does. Plus I have come to know her personally and observed her around others, she's a genuine spirit!

To find out more about Dee Dee Cocheta follow her on Twitter - www.twitter.com/abcpublicity or visit her website A.B.C. Associates Entertainment Firm - http://www.abc-aef.com/

2 comments:

AJ said...

Dee Dee for Mayor!

Anonymous said...

Awe!!! Its Dee Dee!! wonderful representation of a mother, business woman, and wife!

Post a Comment