Some What New Music Goapele- Milk & Honey


Goapele in Diablo Magazine

Goapele won my heart when I heard her song Closer in 2002, it's still one of my favorite motivational songs. Yesterday I was on youtube to find that video for my Throwback Thursday and I found out that Goapele released some new music over the summer. I'm not sure how I feel about the single "Milk & Honey," I didn’t have an immediate connection but I posted for all of you Goapele fans out there. 

Despite her break from the music scene, she's been busy working on her new album and becoming quite the business lady. I wish her much success on her two new ventures, the soon-to-open New Parish nightclub in Oakland, California new Uptown neighborhood and she is also opening up a women’s boutique in that same area. Her boutique will match her musical style; a mix of classics, with fresh and contemporary accents called Indigo. If you’re in that area check her out, smart lady not to keep all of her eggs in one basket. Check out her video for Milk & Honey here.


Goapele's Milk & Honey Video

After listening to the song a few more times I realized it's the beat and background effects thats distracting and keeping me from loving this song. Never less she's has a pretty voice, I can’t wait to hear more new music from Goapele.

0 comments:

Post a Comment