VMA's....Blood, Guts, and Pantyhose Oh My

The 2009 VMA awards will go down in history, not for the fabulous MJ tribute by the amazing Janet Jackson, but for all of the foolishness that took place after it.

The show opened with an awesome MJ tribute if you missed it chek it out here:
The foolishness quickly started with Kanye and his outburst during Taylor Swifts acceptance speech. If you missed it check it out here:



Beyonce brought the excitement back to the show with her set. I loved the performance but I truly hope this was the retirement of the "Single Lady" performance live. I love you Bey- you worked that stage I'm just ready for something fresh and new from you. Check it out here if you missed it:



Lady GaGa on the other hand choose some interesting wardrobe choices during the evening, she always pushes the envelope, but the ending of her performance surprised me much more. She ended her performance mimicking a suicide hanging that was rather bloody and Phantom of The Opera-ish. I didn't get it, but a lot of her twitter fans seemed to find this appropriate for her character. Pink also had a questionable performance, it was more like a scene from Circ De Soleil, her vocals were great yet her wardrobe choice and performance left me scratching my head. Check out mtv.com for videos of their performances.

Finally the late arriving JayZ and songstress Alicia Keys brought the show to a close with "Empire State of Mind." They did an amazing job it was my favorite performance of the night.

Video Source Mtv.com & RapRadar.com

1 comments:

Talking with Tami said...

I love B too but ok pls retire and sit and enjoy your life,enjoy your money and have some babies smh

Post a Comment